Our Surveys - Party Wall Surveyor
The Party Wall etc Act 1996 covers three types of work; alterations on or at the boundary of two properties, work to an existing party wall or structure, and excavation close to or below neighbouring properties.
If you are planning on undertaking work that falls within the scope of the Act or you have received a notice informing you of proposed works that may affect your property, please call us today on 07789740450 or 01724 488805 or contact us online for a call back.
All initial advice is FREE
The Party Wall Act came into force in September 1997, and it generally relates to works and alterations covering three particular types of work:
• Alterations to party structures (usually walls, but may also include floors)
• The construction of new walls near boundaries within six metres of a party structure or a neighbour’s building
• Excavations within six metres of a party structure or a neighbour’s building
Typical examples of work that is likely to be covered by the Act include:
• Cutting beams into a party wall as part of a loft conversion
• Removing chimney breasts that are attached to a party wall
• Excavating for the foundations to a new extension within 3 meters of a neighbouring or shared structure
• Underpinning a party wall to facilitate a basement extension
Our Party Wall Surveyors are trained through The Party Wall Academy
For more information on party wall surveys in Scunthorpe call us on 01724 488805 or contact us online to book a survey.
Independent Property Surveyors Ltd are specialist in party wall surveys in the Scunthorpe area including Keadby, Flixborough, Raventhorpe, Messingham, Appleby, Wressle, Broughton, Roxby, Burton upon Stather, West Butterwik, Althorpe, Dragonby and surrounding areas.
Why Choose Us?
Local Surveyor in Scunthorpe
20 Years Experience
Affordable Survey Prices
Expert Local Knowledge
Fully Accredited & Qualified